Gigabyte Gigabyte

CrystalOxygen responds:

Thanks man ;D

Submergence - Unity Submergence - Unity

On the right track

I enjoyed the harmony between all the tracks. I agree with the previous reviewers though, it could really use a little extra oomph. By 2:00, you are getting me excited. I think something is going to happen soon. Then after 3:00 it just kinda falls off, I was expecting more. I think you could also use some more intermittent sounds and whatnot after 4, 8 bars etc. to keep things interesting and keep the tension building.

Submergence responds:

Well we tried to get this one done quicker than our previous mixes, that could be why you dont hear it's full potential. We'll be sure to drop a club banger next time! Appreciate the review.

_submergence

z75 - Forever Saturday's z75 - Forever Saturday's

review

All in all one of the best songs I've reviewed on NG lately so props. If you smoothed out the sidechain's attack on the pad a little bit I think the overall flow of the track would be improved. It's also mixed pretty well, but I felt like if you trim some of the lower frequencies off of the instrument that starts at 1:04, it would give the quieter parts a little more breathing room.

[dj-Jo] Conundrum {AP} [dj-Jo] Conundrum {AP}

percussion is drowned out

I think you should go back to the mix and push the leads back a little bit, as they rob the energy of the drums considerably. Composition wise it sounds pretty good. I would have added another percussion track or two to keep the percussion interesting, like maybe another hi-hat pattern. Regardless, not bad at all chap.

Auto Tune Auto Tune

Not bad

But I would avoid using Garage Band loops in the future.

Mathis59 responds:

eh Grage Band makes pretty decent stuff, but FL is on the way so aloooooot better shyt soon

z75 - Last Sight z75 - Last Sight

mixing advice

Push that hi hat down as it gets piercing pretty quickly when turning the volume up. Also if you bring the entire upper mid and upper range of this track down a little bit with some eq on the master bus, I think it will sound a lot better, and your lows will stand out a bit more.

My forgotten path in the woods My forgotten path in the woods

getting there!

I can see you utilized some of the improvements I suggested. Sounding better man, keep it up! I'm looking forward to your next track.

He's A Plumber (Club Mix) He's A Plumber (Club Mix)

i like the theme

I like the overall progression and blending of sounds here, save for the pipe sound unfortunately. It seems to stand out too much. Maybe not have it so straightfoward all throughout the song? Btw the panning and eq work is pretty good so no worries.

Foraum responds:

Yeah maybe your right about the pipe sound. It's kinda dominant. I will look into it. I'm glad you liked the rest. Thanks for your review.

Summer09 - Track 01 Summer09 - Track 01

pretty composition

your melodies and expressiveness are charming. As for the recording, I think you should cut back on the dynamic range a little bit because I hear some clipping at heightened moments.

Lindens Modern Waltz Lindens Modern Waltz

very cute!

And pretty well done. I'd love to hear this track in some type of rpg.